Joanna Kowalski – CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
Qualifications and Competition Experience:
- Currently a CrossFit Trainer at CrossFit Logic since June 2017.
- Completed CrossFit Level 1 Certificate in June 2017.
- Competitor at Fittest 3 2017
- The CrossFit Games Open 2017
- Master of Creative Writing, Deakin University, 2016.
- Started CrossFit 2014
- Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), Southern Cross University, 2012.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Creative Writing), Queensland University of Technology, 2009.
I discovered CrossFit in 2014, after finding myself growing bored with doing ‘regular’ gym workouts. My sister, who had been training at a CrossFit gym and worked as a PT, gave me a friendly introduction to ‘Fran’. It was awful, of course, but I found myself thinking, ‘What is this? I want to do it again!’ I started following CrossFit.com, doing workouts in my garage, until my husband gave me the push I needed to actually join a gym, now I know is a Box!
What I love about CrossFit is not only the the way it has helped me get physically fitter; I love the process, and the mental challenge it presents as well. Some days that challenge means pushing hard and shaving seconds off your ‘Helen’ time. Some days it means having patience learning new skills, like double-unders, and just doing your best. I really value the community that comes as a result of training with others, sharing the suffering brutal WODs, as well as the joys of first muscle-ups and snatch PBs.